These pants were almost in the "too boring to blog" category but I wanted to show you the adjustment I did on them to make them more wearable for me.
I made this pattern up twice last winter, in black and a charcoal print, with mixed results. They were extremely comfortable but not so flattering. Pants that bordered on being leggings were not the best choice for me. I still wear the black ones around home and even took them camping. The grey ones were donated.
So I hacked in to my Anita ponti pants pattern and added about 1cm to each side of the leg from the crotch line down. It worked a treat. I do have a bit of bagging around my knee but I think this is from the divot created where my large-ish thighs meet my large large carves. Something I'll have to live with. The photos above show where the fabric has also bagged a bit from wearing them two days in a row.
Pattern: Tessuti Anita Ponti Pants, size 14
Fabric: Four way stretch black ponti from Clegs Brunswick
Alterations: Lengthened 10cm, raised back rise by 2.5cm, large leg adjustment 1cm each side
I wore them to work yesterday with my digital floral peplum top. It was like secretly wearing tracksuit pants all day!!