May 07, 2012

Sew: Autumn Pencil Skirt

Welcome my new Autumn skirt! As soon as I saw it made up on Idle Fancy, I had to have Simplicity 2343. I even bought it from Simplicity.com as it is out of print and paid for international postage... And boy, I am glad I did! Perfect fit, shape and waistband. Plus a quick and simple sew. Lovely.




 I really like the interesting side panels in this skirt. They add shape and a bit of interest to an otherwise plain skirt. They are a bit hard to see in this print.

Side Panel

Side panel - close up

Lining

I lined my skirt with Bemberg Lining using the View C pattern piece (minus pockets). I gathered the front section instead of inserting the pleats and made it one size larger for ease of movement. Perfect.

I am already working on my next version in a black ponti knit from Tessuti.

Project Details
Pattern: Simplicity 2343 View D
Fabric: Printed cotton from Rathdowne Fabrics and Orange Bemberg Lining from Spotlight
Alterations: extended length by 5cm and added lining

This is my Day 7 Me Made May outfit. I am loving this challenge. I didn't realise how many items of clothing I have actually made and wear.

L x

4 comments:

  1. Great skirt. Fabulous colours. You've really put together a fabulous outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The colours are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vava va voom. Very nice outfit.

    ReplyDelete

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat