February 06, 2012

My Minoru Jacket



I had good intentions to follow the Sewaholic Minoru Sew-a-long... But this jacket is such a pleasurable and easy sew that I couldn't help myself. I just kept going.
I wanted a lightweight summer jacket as Melbourne weather is completely unpredictable and often jackets are needed in the middle of summer. I used a cotton and metal blend fabric from Tessuti Fabrics Melbourne. It is a pale pink/beige/mauve colour with a fine silver metal stripe. I can't really do this fabric justice with photos. It has a lovely crinkly texture. For the lining, I used a Japanese cotton Ivory Yuki Small also from Tessuti. I really wanted silver metal zippers but couldn't find any on a white or cream strap so I settled for gold with an off-white strap (from Clegs).
I really love this jacket! Tasia from Sewaholic has done a wonderful job with this pattern. I can't wait to sew another version for winter. Next up, I plan to sew a black wool version with Liberty lantana lining...
L x

5 comments:

  1. This looks great! I like the crinkly effect in the fabric :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the crinkly effect as you don't have to worry about ironing or rolling it up in your bag.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I really love your jacket - and the fabric looks divine! You've done a great job. I've just finished cutting out the fabric for my Minoru and can't wait to start sewing - just need to get some child-free time :-) If mine works out well I'll put that metallic fabric on my wish list for another one. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As everyone said above, I love the crinkly fabric! I think it looks great.

    ReplyDelete

 
Sew Brunswick © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat